• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Seeking Recommendations for More Affordable Medical Cannabis Clinics

ash

Likes & Reactions
From
Flag of gb_eng|raw Sussex
Clinic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Releaf®
Hi everyone, I’m Ashley (Ash) Ross. I use medical cannabis to manage chronic joint pain and sciatica caused by arthritis, which is a result of a slipped disc in my L4-L5. Since starting in 2023, medical cannabis has had a significant impact on my life, particularly in improving my sleep and overall well-being.

At the moment, I access my oils and flower through a company called Relief. I’m currently using Curaleaf T50 oil (50% THC and low CBD) and MG Health ECS Cheese Leche flower. Previously, I’ve tried Advent T10 (10% THC), Relief BB T7 (10% CBD, 7% THC), and Advent T20 C10 (20% THC, 10% CBD). These products have really helped me manage my pain, especially at night, and I’ve found they give me more energy and mobility in the mornings. However, I’m still trying to fine-tune my daytime routine to balance pain relief without affecting my focus or mental clarity at work.

One issue I’ve come across is the cost of accessing these products, which can be quite high. I’m wondering if anyone could recommend other UK-based clinics that provide similar quality products but at a more affordable price.

I’m just looking for a more cost-effective solution to continue managing my pain effectively while staying energised and focused during the day. Any advice on clinics, product alternatives, or even tips on how to use cannabis for pain relief during the day without impacting work performance would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

CB1 medical is the cheapest £50 sign up then £50 a year after. I don’t have experience with CB1 personally.
Mamedica is £200 one-off payment so after 4years would be cheaper compared to CB1.
I have been a patient at two previous clinics an am now sign up with Mamedica. Mamedica has the greatest flexibility of the clinics I have used. They used a shared care method that allows patients to choose their own medications for dispensing from a list of available medications, you are also not limited to a single order a month like some clinics and can change your prescription without consolation (except from your monthly allowance).

The actual products are the same clinic to clinic the only exception being T21 patients. Some products will have a discount attached for T21 registered patients but unfortunately not all clinics recognise the T21 discount. So for me switching to Mamedica with the £0 consultation, £0 repeat prescription fees and the free delivery outweighed the discount I used to receive with my previous clinic with the T21 discount

However, I’m still trying to fine-tune my daytime routine to balance pain relief without affecting my focus or mental clarity at work.
I feel this is a struggle many of us have - there are cultivars which are effectively bred to be 'distracting', be that from pain or other symptoms. Finding those cultivars/meds which increase your concentration while maintaining full lucidity, and offering pain relief, can be somewhat of a challenge.

There's definitely a tolerance aspect to it too, where years ago I couldn't have dreamt of working while consuming cannabis - yet I have done so to great success for years now, and largely from wake to sleep.

One issue I’ve come across is the cost of accessing these products, which can be quite high. I’m wondering if anyone could recommend other UK-based clinics that provide similar quality products but at a more affordable price.
Clinics aren't responsible for setting the prices of medication, infact to the best of my understanding they can't influence prices in a regulatory-compliant fashion whatsoever. Prices are set by the dispensing pharmacy, though normally strictly following the RRP set by distributors - there's been very few exceptions to this over time.

I realise there's a Releaf+ pricing model where you pre-pay a set amount for flower/oil, but in almost all instances to the best of my knowledge - this is more expensive than just buying the meds directly at RRP.

In basic, almost all pharmacies will dispense medication at the exact same price. You have a right to choose which pharmacy your prescription(s) are sent to, and if you're being charged more than you see on our main database, you can ask your clinician to send to another pharmacy we list.

If just looking at clinic fees, and not medication pricing itself, as @SamWard points out CB1 are the cheapest at the moment - full price comparison table.

If you want to breakdown your total costs here for the month - folks here will be able to more directly compare costs with other clinic/pharmacy combinations for you.

So costs monthly

Monthly Fee £39, that then covers all costs other than medication

Oils Cura Leaf T50 30ml £149.99
.5ml daily so £75 per month
MG Health ECS Cheese Leche 10g £79.99, 10g seems to last me a month

So all in the monthly cost
£194 a month

It does appear you're being charged more than RRP here, this wouldn't be the case at any other clinic/pharmacy combo we're aware of:
Cost comparison using the cheapest monthly payment clinic at the moment, Alternaleaf:

ReleafAlternaleaf
Flower£79.99£69.90
Oil£75.00 (£150 over two months)£57.50 (£115 over two months)
Clinic£39.00£15.00
Total£193.99£142.40 (26.5% Less)

As mentioned above, if you were to use a clinic like CB1 Medical, you'd pay a £50 annual clinic fee - and then just £127.40 per month for meds. Even your first month there would be cheaper than current months at Releaf.

It does appear you're being charged more than RRP here, this wouldn't be the case at any other clinic/pharmacy combo we're aware of:
Cost comparison using the cheapest monthly payment clinic at the moment, Alternaleaf:

ReleafAlternaleaf
Flower£79.99£69.90
Oil£75.00 (£150 over two months)£57.50 (£115 over two months)
Clinic£39.00£15.00
Total£193.99£142.40 (26.5% Less)

As mentioned above, if you were to use a clinic like CB1 Medical, you'd pay a £50 annual clinic fee - and then just £127.40 per month for meds. Even your first month there would be cheaper than current months at Releaf.
This is such a helpful comparison; thank you. I think the other bt is being able to speak to someone about combinations to try. Weill Be giving alternaleaf a call

Back