• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Allowed to ask about online UK CBD flower sellers?

BudWarrior

Likes & Reactions
I wanna add CBD into the mix again. CBD supply seems like a mixed bag of places and quality.

Any ideas whose reputable, with lab testing etc?

I should add that I don't want CBD in the mix with my clinic. Waste of limited time on short follow-up consultations. Let alone price, quality or availability of if. And prescribed balanced strains are worse from all perspectives, but crap choice makes it worse, cos also cuts off selection of terpenes that are available on high THC strains.

Yes, while I don't really know anything about online CBD sellers myself - if it's legal, it's fine here IMO.

It's just links to illicit sources we can't allow.

It appears that in practice it's basically not against criminal law. Which is why they aren't being. But it is a bit of a mess.

It seemed that the case law effectively uses the THC limit to determine the non applicability of the misuse of drugs act to CBD flower, when the act applies to the entire range of cannabis plants. That simultaneously clears it up, but with long-term government posturing that they don't accept it. Who knows what the current administration thinks, esp with their obsolete attitudes to THC. But overturning that case law would need to be very specific, hence the CPS case failing and ongoing CBD taxed as lawful trade by HMRC

A problem seems to be another post brexit risk though. Apparently part of the CPS case failure hinged on single market rules. Post brexit, that wouldn't apply. Gives a chink of darkness and insecurity, but still fine on balance.

Nonetheless the case law seems pretty clear. Here's a decent review for lay audiences:

Last edited:
CBD flower afaik is illegal - I know a lot of shops here in NI were raided and their CBD flower seized. CBD is legal in all other forms though.

Last edited:
Nope. It was a contradictory grey area, but the case law made the courts' interpretation clear, specifically re retail sales of CBD flower.

There are people and politicians who want that not to be true and to appeal to that old grey area, but it would require a fresh statute out of Parliament or new case law to undo that (whether in a superior court to reverse or just another to add context specific clarity).

Regardless, HMRC are getting their cut where supplied from UK domiciled businesses. I wonder how much that is....

Nope. It was a contradictory grey area, but the case law made the courts' interpretation clear, specifically re retail sales of CBD flower.

There are people and politicians who want that not to be true and to appeal to that old grey area, but it would require a fresh statute out of Parliament or new case law to undo that (whether in a superior court to reverse or just another to add context specific clarity).

Regardless, HMRC are getting their cut where supplied from UK domiciled businesses. I wonder how much that is....
It's too hard to police flower - it takes the police months and months to get drugs forensically screened.

Exactly, to which the R vs Margiotta (if memory serves re who the plaintiff was) effectively said "stop wasting everyone's time"

It's lawful til it's not. But with the complication of idiots existing.

Actually, hedge how what I'm saying applies to Northern Ireland. The mainland isnt even one legal system, but statutes and precedents can be applicable across English (sorry Wales, that's you too in law) and Scots law. But NI is often a special case from the get go, especially when it's adjacent to security issues.

And that's not just when its pure security issues (which even gave you an STV voting system that is sensible Vs Westminster). Or cultural issues that risk stressing security issues at all (abortion law history very different). Drug markets have a crossover with security more than the mainland, in both directions (paramilitary supply and paramilitary vigilantism too).

So, applicable law and how it's enforced could be very different.

This is where someone tells me the Misuse of Drugs Act was UK-wide in its entirety 😂 as I slip into my slumber. I defer to others with NI legal knowledge in better health to check, but my gut is the law is UK wide, cos the Act has to apply to the entirity of / sanctity of the UK single market. Otherwise there ain't a single market.

Last edited:
I should add that I don't want CBD in the mix with my clinic. Waste of limited time on short follow-up consultations. Let alone price, quality or availability of if. And prescribed balanced strains are worse from all perspectives, but crap choice makes it worse, cos also cuts off selection of terpenes that are available on high THC strains.

I do this with cbd oil as well. Its easier to buy from holistic hemp scotland. Yesterday i smeared my whole face in it. Cant do that with flower! 🫠

Currently out of pocket £150 after buying from graded green.

Not my first time ordering, not sure what’s happened but their trust pilot reviews have tanked, orders never arrived and no response to business WhatsApp or email.

I paid with my credit card and I’m awaiting a charge back result in a couple of days.

It’s really pissing me off that it’s so hard to just get cbd flower.

Sorry @BlackSheepVegan , feels exactly what I'm worrying about

The legal CBD flower market seems to be more of a wild west, versus both medical and legacy THC markets.

And I trust legacy CBD flower less then legacy THC flower. Just based on gut and my ignorance.

What a mess

Currently out of pocket £150 after buying from graded green.

Not my first time ordering, not sure what’s happened but their trust pilot reviews have tanked, orders never arrived and no response to business WhatsApp or email.

I paid with my credit card and I’m awaiting a charge back result in a couple of days.

It’s really pissing me off that it’s so hard to just get cbd flower.
Sadly it's due to the law clamping down on them, Like i said I know headshops here in NI that were raided and all cbd flower taken - i know one owner is in court over it. They probably got raided.

Back