• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Best portable?

No but just had a quick look, kind of looks a bit like a cross between a Puffco peak or peak pro and an electronic hookah. Definitely sounds very interesting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for reviews of the Ooka. JCVap have just bought out a chamber / atomizer for the JCVap Pockety which is for vaping flowers and looks like it works quite well on the demo videos from the store. It's called the HerbCloud. I did ask if it works on the Puffco Peak Pro but the owner said he needed to do more testing for the peak pro version although one of the videos shows him using it on a Puffco Peak. So from the sounds of it they'll also be one released for the Peak Pro. It looks like the heater sits above the chamber and is also full of small balls so is a kind of ball vape so should hold the heat/temperature better.

I've also seen a portable vape that's added ruby balls for better heat retention. It's called the Angus ruby version. It's had good reviews but I've not tried one so I can't confirm the reviews. It's got some interesting features such as the ruby balls and using a halogen lamp as the heater. They are one of the cheaper vapes especially as they've just reduced the Angus Ruby because they've released a new one called the Angus Enhanced. Abother neat vape zi saw a review of the other day was the Tenpest, by mad heaters and PhatPiggie. It's like a dynavap but instead of using conduction it uses balls that sit just below the herb chamber so it uses mostly convection to heat and vaporize the herb. It's supposed to be one of the best for flavour. Aswell as having the usual click system it also features a marker that has 3 points ro show which heat setting its on. First one is for ultimate flavour 2nd is medium 3rd is one and done level heat. Not sure of the price but it's developed and made in the UK. With Dynavap style vapes you use either a jet lighter or a tiny induction heater, there's quite a few heaters on the market now aswell as other Dynavap style vapes.

WechatIMG8549-1180x800.jpgWechatIMG11707.jpegTi-Ti.jpg

Last edited:
👆Above I've attached some images so you can see what they look like. The 1st is the YLL Angus Enhanced the 2nd is the Angus Ruby version and the 3rd is the Tempest by MadHeaters and PhatPiggie

Cheer mate I don’t really know a lot about vapes apart from they make me cough.
I have a plenty but would like something that is cooler on the throat with a similar strength
I was thinking some sort of water vape perhaps.
What would you recommend?

Storz & Bickle Mighty+ crafty+. Vapes made me cough only the nicotine ones though. You can get what's called a whip for a vapourizer that attaches to a bong for smooth cool vaping. If I blast my vapourizer, I find if I inhale, it is a little hot so I've turned it down from 195 to 185 and it's far better and nicer. I only turn it up when it's bedtime so I get a good night's sleep but taking little inhalations so I don't cough. If you try using a vapourizer like a cigarette, you will cough.

I don’t seem to get a real taste unless I turn mine up
Then I get a hit and cough it’s just not a great experience sometimes

I don’t seem to get a real taste unless I turn mine up
Then I get a hit and cough it’s just not a great experience sometimes
Using a whip attachment to a water pipe is the only way to go to cool it down, or you will have the expense of buying a new vape. This is the issue about the pricing of vapes, if you buy one and it's not suitable you have the added expense of trying to find another one. My pax3 when I bought it was 250 for the full kit, I only used it a couple of times, didn't work for me and I've probably paid another 250 with accessories for my Crafty+. I believe the Plenty is a hot vapourizer so that's not a good thing as your inhaling too much heat which irritates the Lungs especially if you have copd or astma. Pity you don't know anyone with a mighty+ or the crafty+ as they are a lot cooler 😎

I find the arizer xq2 is quite adequate for me as it can be used with a whip or balloons and costs a fraction of the volcano's price. Great fanspeed control and temperature range for what I need. Saying that I tend to use me mighty + most of the time.

Back