• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Cool box for storage?

medbudlover999

Likes & Reactions
Clinic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mamedica®
Do any of you folks have any advice on my idea to buy a coolbox for storing my prescription? I was thinking of a simple non electric coolbox as my storage room in the summer is a regular 20-25c and i would prefer it to be lower. The clinics store it in a fridge right?

Im thinking of just some regular kilner jars i already use an old chocolate box tin but i am ready to get a cheap igloo cooler. Would £64 be a good investment?

Hi mate I would recommend small Kilmer jars kept in a wooden box in a cool dark place like a cupboard or something.
I have personally never used a fridge though for flower so I don’t know.

I have the 330ml kilners i got 4 into a metal biscuit tin that holds about my 50g perfect. But i have no where thats realy cold dark yes cold no not during June July August Sept so that is why i thought about ditching the tin for a coolbox. There shouldnt be any condensation un like a fridge right?

I just wanted to check before wasting money.

Just get the non electric cool box if you are struggling to find a cool place in the summer
It will be fine

Incidentally I have a counter-top fridge unused at the moment and have been thinking about doing the same thing. I've heard very mixed feedback over time on whether cannabis should be refrigerated or not.

To answer your original question @medbudlover999 - no, pharmacies do not store refrigerated. There's actually quite stringent regulatory guidelines on how controlled drugs must be stored which can be found here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1973/798/schedule/2/made

I put a post out on X this morning for some further opinions:

Incidentally I've got a counter-top fridge unused at the moment and have been thinking about doing the same thing. I've heard very mixed feedback over time on whether cannabis should be refrigerated or not.

To answer your original question @medbudlover999 - no, pharmacies do not store refrigerated. There's actually quite stringent regulatory guidelines on how controlled drugs must be stored which can be found here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1973/798/schedule/2/made

I put a post out on X this morning for some further opinions:

I noticed that as my life is boring so i check the tweets daily. I think what i will do is get the coolbox and one of them thermapro devices from amazon that show the temps.

What temperature should flower be stored at? I just thought room temp 🤷‍♂️

I noticed that as my life is boring so i check the tweets daily. I think what i will do is get the coolbox and one of them thermapro devices from amazon that show the temps.
Don’t bother with a cool box. Pick a cupboard in your house. That’s it. I’ve seen mould growing in cool boxes in the past. Keep it in a cupboard, in glass kilner jars, with the official packaging next to it. That’s all you need.

I'm still thinking about using the desktop fridge I have here, and putting it on a cheap temperature sensor to only turn on over 15 degrees.

It's glass fronted, and is the perfect size to store all my meds - even if they don't really need refrigerating 95% of the time.

Nice, I do like the sound of the fridge with the temperature control very professional… a little geeky 🤓

Don’t bother with a cool box. Pick a cupboard in your house. That’s it. I’ve seen mould growing in cool boxes in the past. Keep it in a cupboard, in glass kilner jars, with the official packaging next to it. That’s all you need.
I didn’t realise we could remove medication from the original packaging for storage. I have to admit I miss glass!

Back