• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Growing divide between premium and standard flowers.

SamWard

Likes & Reactions
Clinic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mamedica®
Been using Mamedica for about 9ths now, prior I was with lyphe and before that the TMCC. Mamedica have been good in general, they are always polite when I call and have a large selection of medicines and the flexibility is hands down what makes them the best clinic so far that I have used. My only annoyance is they seem to have a huge difference in the amount of low cost medicine (flower) vs premium strains.

I get it is great to have access to these stains and personally I feel lucky that over the years we as patients have had access to better quality medication, and better prices. I still have shudders when I think about the days of grossly over priced Tilray products!

It is frustrating though when you can purchase medicinal flower for as low as £4.50/gram and have a good selection of low price flower available on the market but when it comes to ordering I find myself often unable to purchase very few flowers sub £5.50/gram.

I had to get a replacement for a missing item this morning, I had 3 in mind in a Sativa / Hybrid range to choose, and though MedBud showing plenty, they didn't have them.

I'm ok with the alternative I selected in the end, but was hoping it would have been closer to 1:1 with MedBud

Last edited:
Mamedica only offer a smaller sub-selection based on what companies they're able to come to commercial deals with behind the scenes. I also hope the range will improve again there over time.
Ah that hadn't fully clicked (despite me having looked at the very helpful Clinic table here a few weeks ago - I re-read it and understand now), thanks for that

At the moment, factoring in both their low consultation cost over time and the expectation of imminent system upgrades / service improvements, I'm willing to accept some limitations / frustrations like this

It feels like we're at the start of a tidal wave of people soon to be accessing medical now; if true there could be a lot of changes generally about to happen (access, price, brands, clinic models, etc)

Ah that hadn't fully clicked (despite me having looked at the very helpful Clinic table here a few weeks ago - I re-read it and understand now), thanks for that

At the moment, factoring in both their low consultation cost over time and the expectation of imminent system upgrades / service improvements, I'm willing to accept some limitations / frustrations like this

It feels like we're at the start of a tidal wave of people soon to be accessing medical now; if true there could be a lot of changes generally about to happen (access, price, brands, clinic models, etc)
I agree. Medical cannabis scene in the UK has grown massively and it’s only going to become more accepted by the population, we have already witnessed the huge reduction in the costs involved accessing medical cannabis services and a huge increase in the diversity of prescriptions available for patients which will naturally increase the range of budget types, It would be safe to say we will see an over all decline in prescription prices as we have already seen but inevitably some production price increases with the rise of global energy costs.
I wish the cannabis movement all the best and I only hope we see more growth in regards to the social stigma that cannabis can attract and better awareness.
The growing demand will increase different product availability but I hope to see the same growth prescription flower has for vape cartridges, and an increased flexibility. Maybe 5g tub option? 🤔

Last edited:
I agree. Medical cannabis scene in the UK has grown massively and it’s only going to become more accepted by the population, we have already witnessed the huge reduction in the costs involved accessing medical cannabis services and a huge increase in the diversity of prescriptions available for patients which will naturally increase the range of budget types, It would be safe to say we will see an over all decline in prescription prices as we have already seen but inevitably some production price increases with the rise of global energy costs.
I wish the cannabis movement all the best and I only hope we see more growth in regards to the social stigma that cannabis can attract and better awareness.
The growing demand will increase different product availability but I hope to see the same growth prescription flower has for vape cartridges, and an increased flexibility. Maybe 5g tub option? 🤔
Yeah totally with you on the last point in particular, some kind of smaller sample size would be great. Going in for 10g to find it's not effective for you is going to be tough

Yeah totally with you on the last point in particular, some kind of smaller sample size would be great. Going in for 10g to find it's not effective for you is going to be tough
I agree. The issue I have is that medication availability can change so rapidly that I often find myself force to seek an alternative that’s in stock, problem is like you say to find out that it’s not suitable for your needs, it gets expensive especially if you have to order a replacement on top.

I agree. The issue I have is that medication availability can change so rapidly that I often find myself force to seek an alternative that’s in stock, problem is like you say to find out that it’s not suitable for your needs, it gets expensive especially if you have to order a replacement on top.
Agree completely, this is my constant gripe every month - and almost cost-prohibitively expensive.

Back