• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

New to this some advice please

Mr bean

Likes & Reactions
I’m wanting to go ahead with my mc prescription procedure but where I live the doctors are totally against medical prescriptions of this kind
The only thing putting me off is that if the prescription was on my medical record that I had been prescribed this medication my local doctors might refuse to treat me
So does anyone know if this would be on my medical records please

i thought my doctors would be agisnt it but actually were surprisingly supportive and the mental health team even wrote me a letter supprting it so i'd say don't worry...they can't discriminate it's illegal plus most doctors and nurses like to pop pills and do powders anyway and their kids....

Your local GP practice won't be involved in the decision-making process if you choose to apply to a private clinic.

Most clinics will insist on notifying your GP practice which will update general medical records if you're successfully prescribed - though I believe they do need your permission to do this, which is often in T&Cs when signing up to a clinic.

I wouldn't be too worried over what your GP will say, or how they'll react, if everything goes well you may be able to report back to them on how successful you've found MC. There's quite a lot of patients out there which have been able to stop other medication because of their MC prescription too.

Thanks for the reply
Some medical practice’s see it like your a druggie shooting up stuff
Just out of touch a bit with reality we’re I live and I’m worried to might turn their nose up at it and refuse to treat me any more

some of them still don't even know it's available so it can be an opportunity for you to discuss the benefits with them...if you're a smoker and want to give up it also helps with that as vape replaces smoking so they prefer you to do that than smoke....no doctor refuses to treat smokers so i don't think you need to worry, i get why you are but we need to stop worrying what other people think

Thanks for the reply
Some medical practice’s see it like your a druggie shooting up stuff
Just out of touch a bit with reality we’re I live and I’m worried to might turn their nose up at it and refuse to treat me any more
No matter what happens, they won't refuse to treat you (and can't). There is a chance they may want to reconsider prescriptions for other meds, if their was genuine concern of an negative interaction with cannabis (medically speaking).

As others have said, you'd be surprised how supportive many clinicians actually are when seeing the positive effect cannabis can have on health.

I ended up receiving a callback from my gp after an appointment where I discussed my step into MC. The callback was the dr looking details of the clinic to pass on to other patients she had who she believed would benefit from it.

Hopefully you can cut down other meds and go back to the doctor with a big strong middle finger and offer to shove it somewhere. I was able to cut out 7 medications using MC which provided me with a constant supply.

I ended up receiving a callback from my gp after an appointment where I discussed my step into MC. The callback was the dr looking details of the clinic to pass on to other patients she had who she believed would benefit from it.
Just yesterday an NHS nurse contacted us by email asking how to refer a patient, all-but blind, in chronic pain and with burns. Hopefully they're now on the right path.

In general my experience has been that most clinicians are open to the benefits of cannabis, and some will even go out their way to direct people towards it.

If the Dr refuses to send a summary of care get a new dr or complain its your right to get this. The GP opinion on Cannabis is irrelevant. Its not part of the NHS but the NHS have to trest you no differently. If they do its discrimination.

Back