• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Update on New MHRA Requirements

Muiredach

Founder/CEO
MedBud Staff
Likes & Reactions
From
Flag of gb_eng|raw Rockingham
Clinic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 CC Cardiff
I've deleted our posts here and on X regarding new MHRA requirements, after a lot of discussion behind the scenes today.

We've had conflicting reports in from companies, from vague claims some information is inaccurate (unspecified), to concern privileged information was shared within the CIC which should not have been. MedBud was abiding by CIC rules for working groups when covering the information provided, and accurately reflected what was relayed. We understand there may have been changes today within the CIC as a result.

The CIC has a duty to ensure that supposed official guidance that goes out via working groups is accurate, we await further public clarification of new requirements by the MHRA - with correction on any prior information provided which was not fully accurate.

MedBud has a duty to accurately report changes which could affect availability for patients, and attempted to do so based on information provided.

Lets wait and see then. I didnt like anything i heard and see no reason to do it. Does this cost patients in out of stock rebranded medications? If so thats bad and should go away. Does this cost companies money in rebranding and export delays? Again if so bad.

They need to be given time why not just say this starts on 1st January 2025? This would give time for supply chains to adapt. I dont see any reason for the other changes though how does names effect a patient? Some of these changes sound like its the tobacco and children approach when in reality patients dont get to see any packets when ordering lol. So why do medicines like cbpm need to be so plain? Could they give evidence on why they feel this had to happen?

Last edited:
Back