• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Volcano Hybrid - Whip replacement

SamWard

Likes & Reactions
Clinic
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mamedica®
I use a volcano as my daily vaporiser. Does anyone here use a safe alternative hose instead of purchasing the original? Does it have to be a certain grade material? Medical hoses?

Storz and Bickel original is £60 for 10m on vapefiend I think that’s expensive for what it is but I might be wrong, anything medical seems to attract a premium price tag

I always have found vapefiend approachable and if there's an alternative that's cheaper he'd let you know ,maybe give em a call.

Bit of a related story, a patient's family friend was stuck in hospital without being able to use cannabis. The patient brought in a volcano, plumbed it up with a massive extension hose (£3-4 from Screwfix IIRC) and a face mask - ultimately the hospital approved 🏆

They actually reached out to Storz & Bickel to see if there was any further interest in making the contraption available to others - though apparently they weren't receptive.

If you measure the inner diameter of the hose (or the outer diameter of the hose outlet on the volcano), there's probably a much cheaper DIY solution overall.

Bit of a related story, a patient's family friend was stuck in hospital without being able to use cannabis. The patient brought in a volcano, plumbed it up with a massive extension hose (£3-4 from Screwfix IIRC) and a face mask - ultimately the hospital approved 🏆

They actually reached out to Storz & Bickel to see if there was any further interest in making the contraption available to others - though apparently they weren't receptive.

If you measure the inner diameter of the hose (or the outer diameter of then hose outlet on the volcano), there's probably a much cheaper DIY solution overall.

Oh wow that’s amazing, it lovely the hospital approved as well.

Thank you for the advice 🙏

Back