• Open BETA, registration open. Please note, our forums use a separate account system compared to our main database for security purposes.

Good place for kilners.

Rick

Likes & Reactions
After a lot of looking round I’ve found this site to be one of the best in terms of price and delivery. I’ve purchased 2 packs of each of the following over the past 2 years and they are amazing. You can also buy replacement lids for them too if they ever start to lose their tight seal after much use.

6x250ml £8.99, usually like £14 everywhere else, great for 10g.

6x500ml £12.99 usually like £20+ elsewhere. Great for 15g+.

They look decent at a good price, much safer then the clicklock ones I've been using. Think I might treat meself to some new jars then have the pleasure of cleaning my old ones lol.

Thanks for this, I've been holding out on buying a ton of new jars myself. There's a particular style of UV light jar I really like (and I've owned many over the years):

1726612405235.webp

Thing is, I've been meaning to buy 16-20 for months now but they're a minimum of £7.83 each on eBay, I'd be looking at £125-160 in total.

They do sometimes appear on Aliexpress for much less, but because of the weight they aren't particular cheap to post from China.

They were previously sold rebranded on Amazon for £20ish each, under brands like Masterdam.

Thanks for this, I've been holding out on buying a ton of new jars myself. There's a particular style of UV light jar I really like (and I've owned many over the years):

View attachment 56

Thing is, I've been meaning to buy 16-20 for months now but they're a minimum of £7.83 each on eBay, I'd be looking at £125-160 in total.

They do sometimes appear on Aliexpress for much less, but because of the weight they aren't particular cheap to post from China.

They were previously sold rebranded on Amazon for £20ish each, under brands like Masterdam.

I have always been under the impression we can’t use different storage containers. What is the actual guidelines on changing the storage container do you need to have a prescription label for the new container?

What is the actual guidelines on changing the storage container do you need to have a prescription label for the new container?
This has been a recurring discussion over time, to the best of my knowledge there is no specific law or guideline which requires patients to keep medication in its original packaging.

Personally however, I do always strongly suggest that original packaging is kept alongside tubs, so that if for example police came into your home and questioned lawful possession - it would be easy for them to understand which container relates to which prescribed medication dispensed in your name.

Bare in mind the Department for Health & Social Care guidelines on validating a patient in lawful possession of CBPM medication state that either a prescription copy (which no-one can demand from you) or the dispensing label from a pharmacy, are proof of lawful possession. It's best to make sure authorities can always validate which pharmacy dispensing label matches which pot/jar/pack of cannabis in your possession.

@Holly will give further info going through the law.

You wanna know about unlicensed meds in the UK, like medical cannabis, and whether you’ve gotta keep 'em in the original packaging or if you can stash 'em in another box, yeah? Well, here’s the lowdown:
  1. The Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (HMR 2012): Now, for unlicensed medicines (like medical cannabis), the rulebook says they can be prescribed, but it doesn’t say you have to keep 'em in the original box. You can decant 'em if you like, but just don’t lose important info like dosage or expiry.
  2. MHRA Guidance for Specials: Now, the MHRA—basically the clever bods who make sure everything’s above board—say your meds need to be labelled properly. You need the right info to avoid a mishap. They don’t tell you the meds must stay in the original box, but if you decant 'em, make sure you’ve still got all the critical bits like the name, instructions, and when they go off.

Quote: “Specials must be labelled appropriately and must include clear instructions for use and storage to ensure patient safety.”
  3. Good Distribution Practice (GDP): This is about making sure meds get to you in one piece. The rules here say that packaging has gotta stay safe and sound from the factory to the pharmacy. Once you’ve got it, though, there’s no law saying you can’t pop it in a different container—just don’t mess up the info.

Citations (A.K.A. the boring bit):​

• The Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (SI 2012/1916), Regulation 167. You can find it on Legislation.gov.uk. Basically, the book on what’s allowed for unlicensed meds.
  • MHRA Guidance on Unlicensed Medicinal Products ("Specials"). They’ve got it all listed on the MHRA website.
  • GDP Guidelines for keeping meds safe. Check the MHRA’s collection on Good Distribution Practice if you're keen on all that.
So, in short, no law says you have to keep your medical cannabis in its original box, but if you decant it, don’t go losing the important info.

This has been a recurring discussion over time, to the best of my knowledge there is no specific law or guideline which requires patients to keep medication in its original packaging.

Personally however, I do always strongly suggest that original packaging is kept alongside tubs, so that if for example police came into your home and questioned lawful possession - it would be easy for them to understand which container relates to which prescribed medication.

Bare in mind the Department for Health & Social Care guidelines on validating a patient in lawful possession of CBPM medication state that either a prescription copy (which no-one can demand from you) or the dispensing label from a pharmacy are proof of lawful possession. It's best to make sure authorities can always validate which pharmacy dispensing label matches which pot/jar/pack of cannabis in your possession.

@Holly will give further info going through the law.
I suppose it’s a bit like dispensing prescription tablets into a pill box then?

You wanna know about unlicensed meds in the UK, like medical cannabis, and whether you’ve gotta keep 'em in the original packaging or if you can stash 'em in another box, yeah? Well, here’s the lowdown:
  1. The Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (HMR 2012): Now, for unlicensed medicines (like medical cannabis), the rulebook says they can be prescribed, but it doesn’t say you have to keep 'em in the original box. You can decant 'em if you like, but just don’t lose important info like dosage or expiry.
  2. MHRA Guidance for Specials: Now, the MHRA—basically the clever bods who make sure everything’s above board—say your meds need to be labelled properly. You need the right info to avoid a mishap. They don’t tell you the meds must stay in the original box, but if you decant 'em, make sure you’ve still got all the critical bits like the name, instructions, and when they go off.

Quote: “Specials must be labelled appropriately and must include clear instructions for use and storage to ensure patient safety.”
  3. Good Distribution Practice (GDP): This is about making sure meds get to you in one piece. The rules here say that packaging has gotta stay safe and sound from the factory to the pharmacy. Once you’ve got it, though, there’s no law saying you can’t pop it in a different container—just don’t mess up the info.

• The Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (SI 2012/1916), Regulation 167. You can find it on Legislation.gov.uk. Basically, the book on what’s allowed for unlicensed meds.
  • MHRA Guidance on Unlicensed Medicinal Products ("Specials"). They’ve got it all listed on the MHRA website.
  • GDP Guidelines for keeping meds safe. Check the MHRA’s collection on Good Distribution Practice if you're keen on all that.
So, in short, no law says you have to keep your medical cannabis in its original box, but if you decant it, don’t go losing the important info.

Oh wow thank you. That’s actually really interesting to read 😊

Nice one, really useful.

Personally I'm keeping flower in original packs, then making up a few Storz & Bickel bullets at a time and putting those in a pill organiser (with dry wipe marker labels to keep track back to each strain).

Any reason to use kilner or similar vs. original packs? Both should be airtight, right?

I find that the plasticised foil packs aren't completely air-tight, and the same applies to some tubs after first pulling the seal.

True, Good find on the glass jars. Also i hate the way they stick the label to my pot. I would like a spare copy.

True, Good find on the glass jars. Also i hate the way they stick the label to my pot.
Agree, some pharmacies just affix normally - others stick the edges back to back with another label.

20240919_170248.jpg

I would like a spare copy.
I'm not sure if that can compliantly be provided, it's effectively evidencing two lots for every medication - considering DHSC treat those labels as proof of lawful possession if matching your own name.

Back